First off, chances are that if you clicked on this article, the thing you’re considering your “calling” is not it.
When you’ve found that missing piece of your life’s puzzle, your passion, your priority, you won’t have to justify it as such, it will just be.
It will consume you, swallow you whole, and leave you willingly ragged and wide-eyed and desperate for more. It will be the thing you dream about, crave night and day… And another funny thing?
It might just be one of many callings you will have.
Creative types in particular get a bad rep for being flighty and non-committal when it comes to projects and passions. Someone could be head-over-heels dedicated to painting in watercolors, and one day wake up more passionate about photography than anything else before. The transition is usually not quite that abrupt or drastic, but the point is your calling might not be the one and only calling you get for the rest of your life. It might be one of two, or three, or fifteen.
But when you pour all of your energy into your craft and forget the world around you exists, including social media posts about finding yourself, then you have it.
So, when you lock in on something that makes you feel like you’d be empty without it, hold tight and let it rule your life as much as possible for as long as possible, because the fulfillment it will give is worth all of those sleepless nights.
Did this article help inspire you? Let me know in the comments! And be sure to check out our other Tips & Tricks articles:
- Part One: 5 Ways to Approach a Writing Prompt
- Part Two: 3 Ways to Use Your Prompt Response
- Part Three: What to Expect from Sharing Your Work
- The Importance of Writing Crap
- Why You Need Featured Images for Your Blog Posts
- How Writing about Writing can Improve Your Writing
- Why You Should Write a Character Based on Yourself
- How to Use PATHOS to Maximize Your Reach
- 5 Reasons to Stop Comparing Your Work with Others
- Why You Should Make a Soundtrack for Your Novel
- Why You Should Follow Your Passion (like, NOW)
- I Should Really Write that Down
- Keeping Track of WIPs
- Finding Time versus Making Time
- Allowing Yourself to Write the Mundane
Please feel free to share any additional tips or your personal experiences with writing/blogging in the comments, and stay tuned for more prompts every Thursday!